Friday, February 11, 2011

editing

editing is a lot harder than expected.  i think because i am a rather sensitive person, especially when it comes to my writing, so receiving any sort of critique about it feels like a personal attack.  still, to make both the newspaper and magazine article fit for publishing, i do understand that the responses i get will only help to make the articles better.

i'm hoping to get maybe ten submissions out next week, more likely to the newspapers rather than the magazines.  i need to perfect my query letter first.  my magazine class will be critiquing my article this week, and my teacher has already given her comments.  hopefully my journalism teacher will critique the newspaper article.

i submitted the newspaper article to my school's newspaper, the tower.  it would be sad indeed if they denied me.

caroline wanted me to add something about how scribes lost their jobs when the printing press came along to give the article more substance.  i think that's a valid point.  looking historically for a second could show that though this has happened before, we have overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment